Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default Do they make a tool to clean up threads on a garden hose?

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 23:07:59 GMT, notbob wrote:
I'd cut off the old fittings and replace them with new ones.

It looks like a tap and die don't exist at a reasonable price for 3/4 inch
diameter, 11.5 threads per inch or 12 threads per inch (i.e., less than say
$25 or $30 bucks).

It looks like a thread file doesn't even exist for 11.5 threads per inch or
for 12 threads per inch.

Therefore, if the threads are bent and worn, there is apparently no
(reasonable) way to clean them up except with a small triangular hand file.

There is no ready-made purpose-built solution other than to replace the
ends.

Bummer. I was hoping to find a reasonably priced tap and die or thread file
that fits the garden hose thread (GHT).