Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Focusing the HEPA filter discussion

Sam Takoy wrote:

I have a household member who suffers from asthma. East coast, Philly
area. We have observed strong correlation between the symptoms and the
A/C being on. (Maybe the correlation is with hot and humid weather, but
we think it's A/C because it also depends on the room.)

So what do you recommend to minimize the effects?

I'd recommend first discussing w/ the cognizant physician(s) the trigger
mechanisms so you can attack them directly rather than just blindly
throwing money at it.

For our kids and my mother the electrostatic precipitator was the key
element as it removed a large fraction of the pollen and dust motes that
were there triggers. Whether that's the case for your family member is
anybody's guess; everybody has their own.