Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Takoy[_2_] Sam Takoy[_2_] is offline

Default Focusing the HEPA filter discussion

Hi,

May I start a new thread on this top. The other thread I started
provided me with a lot of useful information, but has also gotten off
track a little bit.

Forget HEPA - here's the problem.

I have a household member who suffers from asthma. East coast, Philly
area. We have observed strong correlation between the symptoms and the
A/C being on. (Maybe the correlation is with hot and humid weather, but
we think it's A/C because it also depends on the room.)

So what do you recommend to minimize the effects?

Here's what I've gathered.
1. Frequently changed MERV 10-13 filter.
2. Make sure it's tight.

3. I have an opportunity to increase the filter area. Worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Sam