Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default HEPA Air return filters

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to put a HEPA filter in my A/C Air Return Grille. I check local big
box stores and didn't find anything. Strike-out at local A/C suppliers
such as Michael.

I did a google search "HEPA Air Return Filters" and got essentially
nothing. Some sponsored links were promising, but I wasn't able find
anything there either.

Is this not a commonly available type of filters? Are they not recommended
for some reason? Can someone recommend an (online) place to purchase
them?

Thanks!

Sam

Unless you are willing to install the millions of dollars in equipment that
it will take to provide you with HEPA filter quality clean room air, you
will not find anything like you seek in the common commercial market. Your
house will not qualify as being airproof enough to meet HEPA clean room
standards.

In place of that, just buy the air filters with the smallest micron size,
and make sure they are changed regularly, and that the rest of the system is
tight.

This is overkill and expensive in most cases, unless a respiratory or
neurotic condition is present.

Steve