Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default HEPA Air return filters

"Sam Takoy" wrote in message
Hi,

I want to put a HEPA filter in my A/C Air Return Grille. I check local big
box stores and didn't find anything. Strike-out at local A/C suppliers
such as Michael.

I did a google search "HEPA Air Return Filters" and got essentially
nothing. Some sponsored links were promising, but I wasn't able find
anything there either.

Is this not a commonly available type of filters? Are they not recommended
for some reason? Can someone recommend an (online) place to purchase
them?

First you would need a system designed for HEPA air filters. These filters
can be 4 inches thick! You would also want a regular prefilter.

Hospitals use these as the filters are so fine, they can filter airborn
bacteria out of the air. Mechanical contractors would install these systems.

Search google.com for the terms...
HVAC HEPA
or
Mechanical contractor HVAC

Also you can get stand alone HEPA air cleaners at Walmart.