Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Hammer[_2_] Jack Hammer[_2_] is offline

Default Why do houses burn in a fire?

On Aug 3, 9:57*pm, wrote:
Why do houses burn in a fire?

Well, I think everyone knows that answer. *Its because most houses are
made from flammable materials such as lumber. *But there's a catch.
Lumber will only ignite if it's dry. *Wet wood will not easily burn.
It has to dry before it will really ignite. *

I have developed a solution to prevent fires. *The lumber that frames
your house is extremely dry. *This is because its enclosed inside
walls that prefent water from entering. *The solution is to soak that
lumber in water on a regular basis. *I am planning to build a new home
very soon. *I intend to run a piece of perforated pipe thru all the
walls (similar to a soaker hose). *This pipe will be connected to the
water supply. *Once a week or at any other set interval, water will
automatically spray *inside the walls, just enough to saturate the
lumber. *This will be hooked to a timer that automatically turns the
water on and off. *This timer can be adjusted to turn on and off the
water once a week, once a month, or every day. *You set it as you feel
is necessary to keep that wood wet. *

In the event a fire does break out, the wood will not burn or burn
much slower, allowing time for the fire department to arrive. *Houses
and lives will be saved. *There will be an initial cost to install
this system, but once installed, it will only add a few dollars to the
water bill every month. *Well worth the satisfaction that your house
is not a major fire waiting to occur.

I'm the inventor of this system. *Plans will soon be available for a
small fee to cover my printings and shipping costs. *I will post a
notice on this newsgroup when they are ready for distribution.
My goal is to save lives and property, not to profit from this.

Nick

I don't think it is a good idea to be spraying water inside your home.
Fire-alarms have reduced damage and casualties tremendously.
You are entering a market at the wrong time.