Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore electric dryer not shutting off

On Aug 3, 5:56*pm, Mat wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 19:37:22 +0000, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:08:13 -0700, Jon Danniken wrote:
Not helping, but my elderly Whirlpool also no longer kicks itself to
"off" after a cycle. *I just remember to go in and turn it off.

Yeah, I think that's where I'm heading with this one. I pulled the timer,
and there's a little snap-ring around the timer shaft which holds things
together, and I don't have a suitable tool to remove it (at least, not
without damaging it). If the timer fails completely then I'll dig
further, but for now I think it'll just live with it.

It's 50 bucks + s/h online for a new timer, and I can pick up a used
dryer for that around here and end up with a motor, sheet metal etc. from
the old one to use on projects, so it's not really worth actually buying
replacement parts for it :-)

cheers

Jules

Blast it with compressed air then apply some WD40...may loosen it up- Hide quoted text -

Second that