Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Making a double flare on brake lines

What's that Lassie? You say that fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:34:29 -0700 (PDT):

But what I did not find was anything about how to make the adapter
used to make double flares. Have a lathe, should be trivial to make
the double flare adapter.

The only one that I have seen is just like a giant tack.

The stem fits into the tubing. You use the cone of the flaring tool
to push the stem into the tubing and the wall of the tubing has no
where to go but out. This leaves a fat spot in the tubing. You
remove the adaptor and drive the cone of the flaring tool to finish
the job.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.