Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default Cord difficult to advance on electric weed trimmer.

On Aug 3, 8:08*am, Bill Gill wrote:
On 8/2/2010 1:05 PM, wrote: I have a Weedeater brand and a Black and Decker brand electric weed
trimmer.

These have some kind of a centrifugal mechanism to advance the cord
but the cord seems jam up VERY frequently on BOTH machines.

Is there some particular trick to winding the cord onto the spool?

It is .080" round cord, just in case that might make a difference.

TIA

Lewis.

*****

I have had the same problem occasionally. *I really don't know
what causes it. *I was about ready to give up and buy prewound
spools, but couldn't fine any. *So I tried rewinding it again,
starting with fresh cord and after that it worked fine. *It
still tangles occasionally, but not nearly as badly as it was
for a while. *The best I can say is to rewind it carefully. *Try
not to force the spool completely full. *Mine uses a smaller
cord than that. *Something like a .064 if I recall correctly,
but I wouldn't want to bet on that, since I would have to get
up and go out and look to make sure.

And for the people who say that he just isn't bumping it right.
No you don't have to bump it, it is automatic. *I'm not quite
sure how it works, but it does. *And mostly it does it just
fine.

Bill

Thanks for your reply.

I sat down and re-wound the spool today, making sure to leave it
looser than previously.

It worked a LOT better, so I am a happy camper.

Kind regards.

Lewis.

*****