Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight family feud

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:32:16 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Wes on Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:17:55 -0400
pyotr filipivich wrote:

It is an illusion to have high government expenses, growing debt and
low taxes. I would prefer this to be more explicit and for taxes to
match expenses. Ideally that should be done by spending less money.
Don't try to duck the issue - you are envious of those who are
"better off" than you. That remains the underlying issue: envy, and a
desire to punish the rich. You have it, I don't.

And the government buys your soul by promising to do things better
for you that don't necessarily need to be done, promising to take it
form "The Other Guy".

For most people that take Iggy's opinion on this I'd agree with you on your opinion. I
don't believe Iggy is envious of anyone.

Personally, he may not be. Personally, he may be as honest as the
summer days is long. But that does not change the fact that the
values he espouses are not honest, and are rooted in envy. If the
government is entitled to a "fair" share of your money, who decides
what is "fair"? We're from the Government, and we're here to help
you.

Do people really believe that other people are better able to
direct "your" life than you are? Apparently. Apparently, they forgot
about back to school shopping with their mother.
--
pyotr filipivich

Unfortunately..Iggy grew up in the USSR. Now while he came to America to
seek his fortune...far far too much stuff that was drilled into his
brain as a child has clung to him. I find that common in about half the
emmigres I run into from Russia. The other half are pure pirate.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9