Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:42:27 +0100, Mike Henry
wrote:

In , Mark
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:49:51 +0100, Invisible Man
wrote:
I nearly walked out of somewhere without the computer I wanted because
they were so insistent. Trouble is they are desperate to meet warranty
sales targets to keep their jobs.

I did walk out of a shop without purchasing an expensive camcorder I
had intended to buy for exactly this reason. I had warned the
salesdroid in advance that I would do this if he even mentioned the
words "extended warranty".

Good. Out of interest, what was their reaction? Did they quickly back
down, apologise and beg you to reconsider - or did they arrogantly act as
if you were in the wrong?

Actually I don't recall his reaction well apart from the fact it was
not an apology. I don't think he said anything. They're probably not
programmed to handle this situation ;-)

Just like their not programmed to know about the Sale of Goods Act.
--
(\__/) M.