Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default timber

Fred wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:38:21 +0100, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@"
"insertmysurnamehere wrote:

Wolseley UK (Build / Pipe / Plumb / etc Center) are one of my regular
suppliers. I've not bought Douglas Fir or Larch from them, but have
found their joinery quality timer to be good quality.

Thanks. Do you need to open an account or can you "cash and carry"? Do
they let the public (me) in?

They will sell to anybody, but with an account I automatically get a
trade discount and, this month, I got a booklet of discount vouchers
with an extra 15%-25% of various products, including timber.

BTW how are you? I downloaded all headers and am still working my way
through posts from 2004! There are so many posts: how does everyone
manage to keep up to date on this group? Do you sort posts by date so
the news ones are at the top?

That's what I do, then I cherry pick the ones that either look
interesting or where it appears I may be able to help.

Back to my point: I read a post about a
heart valve. Did it all go ok? I hope you are ok now.

Thank you for asking. With all the exercises they gave me to do, I'm
probably fitter now than I ever have been. I did have the advantage that
it was a preventative replacement, rather than a corrective one. As a
result, I was in good health when I went in, which helped my recovery. I
also believe that attitude of mind is a major factor in health and I
simply had no intention of allowing it to be more than a temporary
inconvenience.

The only side effect, which is also related to 'er indoors having a
nasty fall at Christmas, is that I have decided to take my pension and
spend more time going places.

Colin Bignell