Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Cheap Cardboard shredder

"S R" wrote in message
news:SPH5o.12309$7Z3.4870@hurricane...
Increasing bureaucracy being what it is, I am having to solve the problem
of dealing with cardboard waste but with very limited storage space. The
waste collection company has stopped taking all the waste and now strictly
only takes what is in the bin.

So, instead of taking calls and generating work for the staff, I am having
to spend time ripping up the waste boxes so they fit into the bin. It just
doesn't seem right in a business to have to spend time doing this.

I have looked for compactors but they all look expensive. So first
question is does anyone know of any cheap compactors or shredders for
cardboard. The other question is what are the thought of the panel on the
idea of a DIY shredder - possibly made from an old electric lawn mower.

ng_786.

Leave it out in the rain, or spray with a garden hose. Unless it is plastic
or wax coated it goes soft when wet and then is easy to squash into the bin.

Goats will eat them too...