Posted to uk.d-i-y
S R[_3_] S R[_3_] is offline

Default Cheap Cardboard shredder

Increasing bureaucracy being what it is, I am having to solve the problem of
dealing with cardboard waste but with very limited storage space. The waste
collection company has stopped taking all the waste and now strictly only takes
what is in the bin.

So, instead of taking calls and generating work for the staff, I am having to
spend time ripping up the waste boxes so they fit into the bin. It just doesn't
seem right in a business to have to spend time doing this.

I have looked for compactors but they all look expensive. So first question is
does anyone know of any cheap compactors or shredders for cardboard. The other
question is what are the thought of the panel on the idea of a DIY shredder -
possibly made from an old electric lawn mower.

ng_786.