Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On Jul 31, 5:02*pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
*Invisible Man wrote:

On 31/07/2010 13:16, dennis@home wrote:

"Invisible Man" wrote in message

There is one overriding reason why people should buy lots of insurance
- to make sure the company can continue paying my pension.

You have the wrong company if it needs to stay profitable to continue
paying your pension.

It is a final salary pension from the insurance company I worked for for
36 years. Fortunately the hole in this scheme is not too big at present
and presumably in the unlikely event that the company went bust the govt
organised compensation scheme would pay out.

Well of course final salary pensions are a bogus concept as is the
notion of a company having its own pension scheme. After all, pensions
is hardly the core business of, say, Ford, or British Airways, now, is
it. Hmm well I guess these days with the tail wagging the dog perhaps it
is.

People should organise their own pensions via a pensions company - and

No, they should form a group of fellow employers, or whatever, and
benefit from far lower charges for managing a large fund.

I have a "personal pension" but it is organised by my employer for all
employess and has very low managemnt charges as result of their buying
power.

MBQ