Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

In article , Bill wrote:
Just finished my insulation. I ended up taking down the drywall in the
corner too, rather than leaving myself 2 butt-joints to make there. I
would have saved some time if I had decided that a month or two ago
rather than tip-toeing around it. While I was trimming things up a
question occurred to me--What sort of Lighting am I going to want while
doing the setting compound/sanding/finishing compound joint work?

I use one of these:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_320775-337-T...ductId=3179077

Set it up so that it's almost parallel to the wall. Imperfections in the
surface will throw sharp shadows. If you can't see imperfections under a
thousand watts of unfrosted, unshaded, glaring light, nobody will be able to
see them under a couple hundred watts of frosted fluorescent lighting after
you're done.