Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Mike Marlow wrote:

Just put up whatever light you feel you need to see well Bill. There is no
such thing as defining proper lighting - it's all up to your eyes. You're a
smart guy, you don't need to ask every little common sense thing - just try
a few of the common sense things, and you'll be fine.

I'm just trying to see the light! : ) Well, maybe the reverse--but as
Paul McCartney sang, and just recently on PBS, "Let It Be"... ; )

Could you advise me on sand-paper (I really mean "screen"), in the
context of putting up drywall. I bought Stanley's book on drywall two
days ago and, to my surprise, this was not addressed.

I was going to get 120 grit (medium) and 220 grit (fine), since that is
what is offered at Lowes. My guess is that the 120 is for (heavier)
setting compound and the 220 is for the finishing compound.

Then (I pondered), someone who can apply joint compound nicely might not
even need the 120...

Is my intuition concerning the use of the sanding screens correct?

Bill