Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

You're going to need a *lot* more lighting in your shop (another
half-dozen 4' dual shop lights ought to do). Might just as well put
it in now. Add to that a couple of 1kW halogen work lights, for the
mud work, and you should be OK.

A couple of 1KW work lights? Holy cow - you're going to blind the poor guy
with the glare.

Seriously - one does not need tons of light to check for flatness. A modest
60W bulb, and a head tilted to view the wall from an angle is plenty
sufficient. As another poster suggested - use your hand and fingers to find
the high/low spots.

Bill - I paint cars a bit - and I insist on dead flat surface finishes. I
have a little insight into this stuff, and you don't need to over engineer
this lighting thing. A simple hand held trouble light will give you all the
light you need to check your joints. You *can* have too much light and end
up with glare off the walls and glare from the airborne dust.

--

-Mike-