Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Harbor Freight family feud

"Wes" wrote in message
Gunner Asch wrote:

Note Subsection (2)

And since the ADA rulings effect Section (a)....the upper age limit has
been modfied to "unlimited"

SWWWWEEEEEEETTTTT they will never get my militia guns You made my day
Gunner!

Wes

Wes, this is a case of Gunner's half-assed understanding sending him off on
a tangent.

The Court, in the Heller decision, completely divorced the individual RKBA
from militias:

"Held:
1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm
unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for
traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

Scalia went through a seriously convoluted argument regarding militias, but
in the end, the definition ensconsed in the current US Code serves as a
definition only of whom the right applies to, and the Court made clear that
the "unorganized militia" is the pool of citizens from which actual militias
would be drawn, should that become necessary. It also comes in handy when
it's time to re-activate the military draft. g

But the RKBA as an individual right, "unconnected with service in a
militia," is now the law of the land.

So don't get all excited. Gunner has no idea what it all means, but the
courts do.

--

What is a militia gun? Anything you can fight with.

Good luck. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress