Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Harbor Freight family feud

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 06:46:15 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:06:16 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote the following:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 22:24:42 -0500, Ignoramus28671

On 2010-08-01, Gunner Asch wrote:
You tend to confuse me at times, a brilliant man with splashes of
astounding ignorance.

You too, confuse me at times, a brilliant may with extremely rich
fantasy life and many great project ideas.

what you may consider to be fantasy..is actually far too often, truth.

And truth is often far far stranger than fiction.

Far stranger.

Sometimes its easier to twist things just a tad to make folks think you
are bull****ting them, then to utter the sole truth and have them think
you are crazy.

It's absolutely amazing to me that I've built up so many memories of
weird and unbelievable things in just 56 years of existence, and I
haven't had half the experiences you have, Gunner. For people with
low amounts of intelligence and/or curiosity and/or drive, who haven't
had any of the same experiences and can't believe 'em, just let 'em
doubt. It's their loss. shrug

It's too bad you can't just walk up to someone and touch them on the
temple (or telephone handset) to share the actual experience of some
of those memories. People would run away screaming and have nightmares
for years after that. "Doubt me, will ya?" bwahahahahahaha

I'd love for you to be able to share your attempted mugging memories
with folks like Cliffie, Hawke, and pals. They'd **** their pants.

People need to be able to sleep nights. Its been my experience that most
folks who have seen "Bad ****" have found mental work arounds that
either keep past experiences in a foot locker securely locked in a room
tucked away into their back brain..or use them like extra munitions
hanging out under the wings..sorta as a last resort if all else
fails..Use Plan X.

As for me....shrug...I use the foot locker securely chained and locked
in a very secure room in the back brain method. But I go visit it on a
yearly basis. I go, open the foot locker, sort through the bits and
pieces, review each item, see where I went wrong, where I did right,
mull and ponder on them and then dust them off, put them all back into
the box, rechain, and then leave, locking up after my visit. This all
occurs about 3am in the morning, while staring at the ceiling in a cold
sweat. Usually in April or October..sometimes both.

Then I go to sleep, and wake up non the worse for the experience.

Lots of guys I know do something very similar. Tends to make us all
part of the "club". Some tend to dwell in that room a hell of a lot
longer than is healthy...they are often the drunks, the druggies, the
mental walking wounded. Fortunately they are few and each year that
passes..are fewer and fewer. Some learn to get in, look and get
out..others forget to lock the door and get mobbed at the worst possible
moment. Those guys tend to kill themselves in one fashion or another,
or do something so stupid/grievious that they are killed by others.

Im very concerned about the new crop of guys coming home from the
Sandbox. Weve had troops in harms way for over 12 yrs so far..and like
my little war...it certainly isnt a cut and dried one, where IEDs are
commonly used, and the shot comes out of the blue when you least expect
it.
One of the big differences between this war..and the last bunch...is
that the maimed and badly ****ed up are now kept alive. Guys today have
a far far better chance of living through being blown to **** than at
any other time in human history. Vietnam was notable..the Sandbox is
incredible for its medical life saving abilities. Its the same kids as
every generation before. While the music and world views may have
changed...at the core..they are still the same kids who picked up a
shield and an iron sword and walked out on the line at Agincourt to kill
or be killed..but mostly to try to survive.

We are seeing those kids coming home missing arms, legs and often times
multiple limbs missing. IEDs that blow up a Hummer or a squad tend to
not make pretty messes. In earlier wars without good body armor, .they
died and we didnt see them again after the fact. Today....they are/will
be living among the Clueless around them.

So if you guys see a young man in a wheel chair, or with artificial
limbs...ask if he is a vet and if he says yes...thank him for his
service to his country.

It makes no difference as to whether you are in favor or against the
war. Its only important that when asked to go..that kid went and did
what his nation asked of him. And now he has to live for the rest of
his life with the results of his countries request.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9