Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air conditioning/water help

On Aug 1, 2:06*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
stryped wrote:

There are vents in my crawlspace and a vapor barrier on the ground. AT
night the thermostat is set at 71-72. Could thi sbe a problem?

Wow, that will sure explain your high utility bills. *We set ours about
78 most of the time. Once the duct work is wet does it have to be replaced?

If it is not insulated, no. *If it is insulated, and the insulation has
started to grow mold, yet!
If no mold, then you need to get it dried out and see what can be done
to keep it dry.

Jon

My advice is to do a complete check of the condensate pan and drain
system. Problems with that are the most common reason for water
further down. Just because it looks like it is working does no tmean
it is. Check all of it for clogging. Start by taking the access
panel off the A coil and see if the water is draining out of there
properly.