Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile Saw Question

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 09:15:40 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I got a large tile saw. The bed is about 24 , 36 inches, the blade,
probably around ten inches. The depth of cut allows me to cut standard
pavers, about the thickness of a brick, 2.5". My other one would not cut
that deep.

I have a lot of right angle cuts to trim some that are just too long. I am
also going to make a part of the path curved, so will need to cut some on
the angle.

How does one hold the paver in place during sawing when it is at an angle?
I can build an adjustable bevel miter out of steel, as I have a band saw and
MIG and all that stuff. Is there a holder available that isn't expensive,
or some simple way to do this that would be accurate and safe?

Don't know how your tile saw is laid out, but mine has a sliding table and
fixed saw. Tile, pavers, and such aren't likely to bind and kick, so even
freehand angles work (I use this for the circle-of-a-thousand-cuts method).
Some tile saws I've seen have a fixed table and a sliding saw. These should
work similarly. If you have a constant angle to make on many bricks, I'd just
make the appropriate wedge out of wood.