Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff The Drunk[_5_] Jeff The Drunk[_5_] is offline

Default tempered glass for windows?

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:54:53 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

just priced the windows for the last room in my 100 yr old house.

One of the options the salesman offered was tempered glass. My first
instinct was 'sure, why not?' -- but the more I think about it, I have
trouble justifying the extra $2-300 for 3 windows.

I had some skateboard punk try to bash out my front window after an
altercation late one night when the SOB was skating up and down my street
around midnight. Sitting in my driveway enjoying the nighttime air and
sounds of crickets etc...in a quiet neighborhood, I was incensed at this
punk and his so called "right to ride my skateboard wherever and whenever
I want" attitude. Some words were exchanged and I threatened to kick his
ass as he skated off. An hour later as I was hidden in the darkness this
punk decided to bash on my front window with his skateboard. Little did
he know it was a tempered window and although it sounded like he took his
best shots (3) the window remained unscathed as he skated off with me and
my baseball bat at his heels. Moral to the story, glad I paid the extra
money for the special glass.