Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott Peter Scott is offline

Default Any problem with using a flue for an air conditioner?

On 01/08/2010 17:31, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/08/2010 16:26, Peter Scott wrote:
One of my sons is renting a room and wants to use a small free standing
air con unit. Venting through the window is not feasible but there is a
vent in the blanked off chimney breast that has a good draught. Can
anyone forsee possible problems with using this for the air coming out
of the AC? I wondered about condensation.

If its the type that collects water in an internal tank, then the
exhaust ought to be basically just hot air. The posher ones however
re-evaporate their condensate on the hot side of the heat exchanger and
expel moist air. The latter type would not be suitable.

Thanks very much for that. For posher I guess you can read more
expensive. We are looking at smallish cheap ones, so I think I now need
to look for one that has a tank.

Peter Scott