Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Stand alone PIRs

"Matty F" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 7:23 pm, Alan wrote:

The permanently on mode is usually selected by turning the power from
off to on - then on to off - then off to on within 30 seconds.

To revert to PIR mode turn power off for 60/120 seconds before turning
them back on.

This is the way all the PIRs that I have bought are supposed to work.
Howvwer in my experience they NEVER work that way.
When I want them to stay on, they won't, and when I don't want them to
stay on, they do.
I would like to buy a PIR without this "feature" but I can't find any.
I also DON'T want them to turn the light on when the switch is first
turned on. They are security lights. The reason should be obvious but
I suppose I'll have to explain it.

http://www.tycosafetyproducts-europe...tv/PSS157A.pdf

but you would need a relay for the lights.

Cheers

Adam