Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Air conditioning/water help

I have a 12 year old Carrier weathermaster 9200. It has been a good
unit. I have it installe din the crawl space with insulated flexible
duct.

To make a long story short, my duct work is wet. Soem more than
others. Some so bad the adjacent sub floor to the register is getting
wet.

Unit seems to cool ok. My electric bill has gone up alot in the last
two months but that may be due to hotter temps than normal.

I have a condensate pump that seems to be working. It pumps water up
about 3 feet then latterally about 10 feet out a crawl space vent. Is
this ok?

I appreciate any help!

Also, how long do you think a unit should last before it is replaced?
Am I living on borrowed time since mine is 12 years old? It has
propane heat.

Thanks!