Posted to alt.home.repair
cubby cubby is offline

Default Circ saw

As a follow-up to a recent thread (re replacing DW with Bosch) where a
comment about left blade circular saws came up....

At the time it occurred to me that both my corded and cordless models
were left blade (not that I remember ever considering it as a factor
at the time). I have to replace the corded (finally died a death) and
am only looking at left blades. I notice though that (1) there are
far more right blade models available, and (2) in some lines the left
blade model seems to carry a premium price.

What gives? Is there ever a time that a user would find right blade
preferable? Why do they make more right than left?! I can't imagine
there's a manufacturing reason why one would be cheaper than the
other, so it must be that consumer preference is more towards right
blade. Hmmmm.....confused....

Cub