Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default tempered glass for windows?

mm wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:54:53 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

-snip-
The windows that are there now have
survived 110+ years without shattering. [likely the original windows
as all the panes have bubbles and imperfections]

Don't they have historic value?

Maybe- you can have them if you want them. Otherwise I'll take the
sashes & panes to the habitat store. It isn't worth messing with the
frames. I used to take them out in one piece-- but now I hack them
apart with a reciprocating saw.

So is there something else I'm missing that makes tempered a
worthwhile investment?

The only times windows get broken is from baseballs and shootings.
Does your next door neighbor want to shoot you?

Only have one & he's on the other side of the house. I can't see the
ones facing these 2 walls.g

Jim