Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Spiral staircase repair

On Jul 30, 11:31*pm, Evan wrote:
On Jul 30, 10:31*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jul 30, 9:38*pm, Jan Philips
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 13:19:27 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:
Have you considered uploading a picture and providing a link so we can
see what's going on?

Here are two photos showing the break in the rod:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5248185...tp://www.flick....

--
Replace you know what by j to email

I'd call a spiral staircase expert.

Something may be putting stress on the joints and causing the crack.
That's quite a gap.

Someone leans quite heavily on the handrail...

I wouldn't see any need for calling in a "spiral staircase" expert...

~~ Evan

"Someone leans quite heavily on the handrail..."

And you know that how?

I wouldn't see any need for calling in a "spiral staircase"
expert...

So who would you call? And if the OP has to call -someone- why *not* a
"spiral staircase" expert?

I've got friends who weld for a living, but I'm not sure I'd just call
them and say "tack this back together for me". I think I'd want to
know why it cracked in the first place. Could be any installation
issue, could be a settling in the building, etc. I'd want to know the
root cause of the crack - even if it was just someone leaning heavily
on the handrail, which I assume the OP would be aware of.