Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Setting a wagon tire

On 7/31/2010 10:30 AM, Steve Lusardi wrote:
Simple, make the ring 1/8 small. Roll to shape and butt weld. Dress with
a grinder and heat with a rose bud acetylene torch . Set in place and
let it cool. No smoke, no noise and no problems.

Thinking on this yet more, any recommendation on a starter setup for
acetylene? Should I go with the Lincoln package that Lowes and Home
Despot and the like have, or find a welding store and ask for advice or
is there a standard first set that everbody has or what?

If I'm going to spend the money I may as well get set up with something
decent that can grow with me.