Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Professional CNC machine -- meaning of CYCLE START and CYCLE STOP

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 13:42:29 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

What I was thinking is to add a button sized potentiometer called
"speed override", where I can make everything run faster or slower.

This is EXTREMELY handy. No way do you get feeds just right on one of parts.
I've got a spindle speed pot on all my machines also. If you've got manual
machine experience you can dial in proper feeds and speeds in just a few
seconds. In my case, I've never used a speed feed calculator.

Karl

Most commercial CNC lathes and mills have this feature. From 100%-150%.

I think of it as "military power " G

The pot is very important when you are trying to get as much out of the
machine per hour as possible.

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9