Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:47:23 +0100, Graham C wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:36:29 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Re

A relative buys from Richer Sounds, says good prices and good
warranties. Believe when he buys an extended one he gets money back if
he does not make a claim.

That is not how insurance works.;-)

Agreed, but this is Richer Sounds. If you can remember when the five
years is up, then you have one month to claim a full refund.

I remember a very good deal I got once. I bought several items (CD
player, tape deck and sometthing else) and paid £29.95 for the three year
warranty. Part of the deal was that you could go back any time (I went at
2 years 11 months) and get a 50% trade-in against new equipment. The
other part was that the warranty was again extended for another three
years!

They didn't repeat that offer, but it was a very good deal at the time.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org