Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:40:55 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 08:41:02 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

the nearest to me is 35 miles away as the crow files (1h15m by car) and
56 miles by dual cariageway/motorway (59 minutes). That's a lot of fuel
to go shopping.

Agreed. It's about 45 miles for us, but I tend to go every 3 months and
fill the car (on an early visit, we bought steel shelving to store it
all!). I calculated that the saving on cat food alone paid for the fuel.

Bottled beer used to be about £1.50/bottle, two cases would save enough
over Tesco prices to pay the diesel... It really does depend on what you
buy, we tend to go for long life bulk stuff and shorter life stuff that
is needed at the time of the visit.

Exactly. My wife drives past half a dozen times a year (in a Ford Fusion)
so she picks up some extra shorter life stuff with no real overhead. I
pretty well fill the S-Max when I go, but it's less than 10 litres of
diesel.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org