Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Gel kneepads

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
I had a new knee joint fitted a while ago, and the knee is still a bit
tender. Gel kneepads would probably help with some DIY jobs. I was thinking
of getting some from Screwfix as there's a branch not far away.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of any particular pads
they sell?

Along with many others I recommend trousers with built in knee pads.
I bought a pair from Screwfix and was so impressed a bought another one :-)
I've had a look and I can't find the ones I bought (though it was a while
back) but Screwfix do several ranges, and the knee pads to go with them.
I wear them for all work because you can bang your knees in many ways
without kneeling down and (touch wood) I have had no knee problems while I
have been using them.
You tent to forget that you have knee pads in until your knee contacts
something, then you breathe a sigh of releif.

On mine, the front of the pockets is starting to wear out on both pairs, but
I think I will patch them because the rest of the trouser is fine.
Although they do have self-unzipping flies which can be draughty at times.

Cheers

Dave R

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder