Posted to misc.consumers.house
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default How to fill gap between garage doors and driveway?

wrote:

The area between the garage doors and the driveway has a 1" gap. The
driveway seems to have "shrunk" with the icy winters. The depth is
about 4-5".

More likely the ground under the driveway has settled and pulled back from the
garage.

How do I fill this gap?

Why do you have to? In the grand scheme of things it isn't harming anything and
you are probably the only one who notices it.

I thought of using cold patch, but since the
gap is so narrow, I probably will not be able to get the patch chunks
in compactly. Can I use sand to fill in most of the depth, then cold
patch the last 1"?

If you really feel the need, I would just use expansion joint material, cut to
fit. You can double up thinner stuff if you can't find 1" locally.

http://www.wrmeadows.com/wrm00009.htm