Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default I hate CMUs (concrete blocks)

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Jon,
The footings that I am pouring (concrete) are 18"x18"x6". This
necessitates a 21"x21" form (outside dimensions). I usually screw
the form together once I am down and under. As far as moving heavy
things around, I've discovered that (short of a conveyor) two 3/4"
PVC pipes laid parallel provide excellent skid characteristics. I've
dragged up to 120 pound loads (old concrete rubble) on these two
rails. Very low friction compared with dragging across the earth.

Ah, the Egyptian method, that sounds like the perfect soution. Thanks Ivan!

Jon