Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default hissing sound coming from behind woofer on one side AR11

Amanda Ripanykhazov wrote:

On Jul 30, 5:41 pm, Meat Plow wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:03:39 -0700, Amanda Ripanykhazov wrote:

Thank you for your confidence everyone: If I wanted to wind everyone up,
dont you think I would have found a funnier way of doing it than this?

Not if you're just not too funny in the first place.

If someone can get me a way of posting a wav file to a NG, let me know
and I will stick a microphone in front of the speaker and post whatever
it records

Meanwhile I will take the speaker out and report back if/when I have a
result

But you've already subbed the speaker and the hiss went away or so I
thought I had previously read.

Call me an old cynic and obviously I am not a technical expert but
doesnt simple logic mandate that when you sub a speaker and the sound
goes away, all it means is that (what I thought blindingly obvious
from the symptoms and there being no apparent logical connection
between the source and the hissing, which was why I posted he
Because "The problem is that you are describing something that doesn't
seem to make any sense, or have any obvious explanation" so I wondered
whether anyone had come across it before) the sound wasnt coming from
the source? Or did I have to add that when i put the speaker back
again, the sound came back?

check for electrical devices adjacent to the speaker, inside and outside
of the wall. Your speaker coil maybe in the path of an induced magnetic
field from a device near by..

etc..