Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazov Amanda Ripanykhazov is offline

Default hissing sound coming from behind woofer on one side AR11

On Jul 30, 5:41*pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:03:39 -0700, Amanda Ripanykhazov wrote:
Thank you for your confidence everyone: If I wanted to wind everyone up,
dont you think I would have found a funnier way of doing it than this?

Not if you're just not too funny in the first place.

If someone can get me a way of posting a wav file to a NG, let me know
and I will stick a microphone in front of the speaker and post whatever
it records

Meanwhile I will take the speaker out and report back if/when I have a
result

But you've already subbed the speaker and the hiss went away or so I
thought I had previously read.

Call me an old cynic and obviously I am not a technical expert but
doesnt simple logic mandate that when you sub a speaker and the sound
goes away, all it means is that (what I thought blindingly obvious
from the symptoms and there being no apparent logical connection
between the source and the hissing, which was why I posted he
Because "The problem is that you are describing something that doesn't
seem to make any sense, or have any obvious explanation" so I wondered
whether anyone had come across it before) the sound wasnt coming from
the source? Or did I have to add that when i put the speaker back
again, the sound came back?