Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Professional CNC machine -- meaning of CYCLE START and CYCLE STOP

Ignoramus18915 wrote:

So now is the time to move on to more panel controls.

I have two buttons on my mill called (in the schematic) CYCLE START
and CYCLE STOP. I want to know what they mean exactly. I can make them
mean anything I want, but I want to do the right thing. This is a
little bit of a reality check.

I think that CYCLE START is like a play button, and CYCLE STOP is like
a pause button.

Yup, you got it.

Rewinding the program is 'RESET' on our Haas, the fanucs, you go to edit and then press
reset.

While you are implementing things. Single Block, optional stop, and rapid over ride
buttons would be nice. "Dry run" (Z axis not moving while X and Y goes though the
motions) is nice also. I suspect you can mouse click this stuff but buttons for the
things you might actually use are just better.

Wes