Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

Tim Lamb wrote:

In message , Michaelangelo
writes
Bob Eager burst on the scene, and said:

And in practice, in my nearest Costco (Thurrock, Essex) there are
plenty of 'riff raff'! They seem to qualify somehow...

Indeed. People 'borrow' legitimate users cards. Difficult for a company
like Costco to control that. Checking the validity of every customer
would take time and cost money, so prices would rise. It's also not
good for business if customers are routinely challenged in-store.

There is a photograph on mine! I suppose they don't see it until I get
to the checkout.

Well the Leeds one has a bouncer at the door giving the cards a very cursory
glance as you go in.

--
Mike Clarke