Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default A small tube of waterproof grease

I can't imagine Nevr Seez not working. I inject in gate
padlocks - lasts several years.

Another choice:
Plumbers heat proof grease -
http://www.gunk.com/CAT_GR1.asp

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
On occasion, I get to work on refrigerated equipment. The
suction line
typically has a steel valve, with a steel cap over the valve
shaft.
And often a steel cap, over the gage port.

These theads get rusty, and it's sometimes impossible to get the
caps
off. I'd been thinking there must be some material I can put on
the
threads, to keep them from rusting.

PB Blaster isn't there when I get back. Silver Permatex Thread
Never
Sieze, same thing. It tends to wash away.

What I'd like, is a heavy grease, in a small tube maybe 2 onces
or
less. So I can toss it in my tool box. This yet unknown grease
should
be water proof, and should handle temps from 0F to 100F. Without
running off. And should handle warm air blowing ont he threads,
from
the condensor, without evaporating. Is there such a product?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus