Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

On 31/07/2010 09:20, Mike Henry wrote:
, wrote:

In , Alan White
writes
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:49:55 +0100, Invisible Man
wrote:

Whenever someone tries to sell me a warranty or insurance I say I worked
for an insurance company for 36 years and don't believe in it. Car
insurance, house and contents insurance and travel insurance I do have.

I ask them do have so little faith in the reliability of the product
that they think I need it. Some get very cross when pressed for a 'yes'
or 'no' answer.

What's the point ?

They are only sales assistants there to sell products for the store i.e.
The goods and the extended warranty. It's not their product, not their
store, they don't make the rules or choose what the store sells

Indeed, so what's the point in them getting cross? They should just give
the answer when asked, and accept that some customers don't want an
extended warranty.

I nearly walked out of somewhere without the computer I wanted because
they were so insistent. Trouble is they are desperate to meet warranty
sales targets to keep their jobs.