Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
geoff geoff is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 06:01:32 +0100, Michaelangelo wrote:

Adrian C burst on the scene, and said:

Thing that I don't like about Costco, is their an 'anti-riff-raff'
policy on selecting only trade or professional status UK customers. I
don't see evidence of that in their American stores.

Costco are wholesalers. In the UK that means they cannot legally sell to
the 'riff-raff' (your term - which seems to include yourself). They can
only legally sell to retailers, businesses, professionals and
institutions.

And in practice, in my nearest Costco (Thurrock, Essex) there are plenty
of 'riff raff'! They seem to qualify somehow...

One company membership allows for 6 people , also, if you worked (in the
loosest sense of the word, obviously) for the gas board or some other
institutiun, you could get "riff-raff" membership

--
geoff