Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Stand alone PIRs

In message
,
harry writes
On 31 July, 08:23, Alan wrote:
In message , Tim Lamb
wrote

I wonder if someone could kindly direct to the earlier thread on this?

Following a supply outage I have had two PIR controlled floodlights
fail permanently on. The initial failure tripped our domestic RCD
(which is unusual) and took out one lamp. Supply switching the
following night took out the second! GRR..

Are you sure that they have failed? Many of these lights have a
permanently on mode of operation.

The permanently on mode is usually selected by turning the power from
off to on - then on to off - then off to on within 30 seconds.

To revert to PIR mode turn power off for 60/120 seconds before turning
them back on. What may fool you is the light will immediately come on
for the time-out period before going off and being controlled by the
PIR.

The supply outage may not have been clean and may have resulted in an
off-on-off-on power cycle to the lights.

--
Alan

Above is true.
If not "Screwfix" has standalone PIRs.