Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Goo-Gone substitute(s)

"Sum Guy" wrote in message ...
Jeff The Drunk wrote:

Let's see more detail. Hmmmm OK. A paper, adhesive-backed label on
the decorative trim of a home computer. There. Now let me go get
that paint thinner. Maybe I can just melt the plastic and label
off.

Paint thinner (aka Varsol) has never in my experience harmed plastic in
any way. It's the best shot you've got at removing the label and
residue without harming the finish on the plastic (assuming it's black,
ultra smooth and glossy). You might also try alcohol (rubbing,
isopropyl, denatured, etc).

I've had good luck with paint thinner, too. It doesn't work that fast, but
it doesn't melt everything, either.

Steve