Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default hissing sound coming from behind woofer on one side AR11

Dunno. Sorry if I'm being unfair to you, but the more I look
at this, the more it doesn't make any sense, and the more
it begins to look like a usenet windup ...

Of course, if it is true, we might read the following in the newspaper...

Woman killed by poisonous snake

Miss so-and-so was killed yesterday when bitten by a viper hiding behind one
of her loudspeakers. The animal had curled up there for warmth, and had
attracted her attention by making random hissing noises when music was
played.