Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A small tube of waterproof grease

Thanks. Maybe find a trailer place, and see what they use for wheel
berrings that go under water.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"chaniarts" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On occasion, I get to work on refrigerated equipment. The suction
line
typically has a steel valve, with a steel cap over the valve shaft.
And often a steel cap, over the gage port.

These theads get rusty, and it's sometimes impossible to get the
caps
off. I'd been thinking there must be some material I can put on the
threads, to keep them from rusting.

PB Blaster isn't there when I get back. Silver Permatex Thread Never
Sieze, same thing. It tends to wash away.

What I'd like, is a heavy grease, in a small tube maybe 2 onces or
less. So I can toss it in my tool box. This yet unknown grease
should
be water proof, and should handle temps from 0F to 100F. Without
running off. And should handle warm air blowing ont he threads, from
the condensor, without evaporating. Is there such a product?

blue silicone grease. i have a small 2oz film canister that i got to
lubricate pool o-rings, but it also comes in large tubes for lubing
boat
trailer hubs.