Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff The Drunk[_5_] Jeff The Drunk[_5_] is offline

Default A small tube of waterproof grease

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:06:31 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On occasion, I get to work on refrigerated equipment. The suction line
typically has a steel valve, with a steel cap over the valve shaft. And
often a steel cap, over the gage port.

These theads get rusty, and it's sometimes impossible to get the caps
off. I'd been thinking there must be some material I can put on the
threads, to keep them from rusting.

PB Blaster isn't there when I get back. Silver Permatex Thread Never
Sieze, same thing. It tends to wash away.

What I'd like, is a heavy grease, in a small tube maybe 2 onces or less.
So I can toss it in my tool box. This yet unknown grease should be
water proof, and should handle temps from 0F to 100F. Without running
off. And should handle warm air blowing ont he threads, from the
condensor, without evaporating. Is there such a product?

How about a sporting goods shop? Buy a small tube of Hoppes Gun Grease.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=773343

Or order it online. I've been using it for many years and it performs
easily within your needs.