Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Harbor Freight family feud

pyotr filipivich wrote:
Ignoramus5687 on Fri, 30 Jul 2010
02:30:52 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

On 2010-07-30, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 19:43:22 -0400, Wes
wrote the following:

RBnDFW wrote:

"When he founded Harbor Freight Tools four decades ago, it?s unlikely
Allan Smidt expected it would end like it did this spring, when his own
son had an executive walk him out the door and lock him out of the
building."

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/jul/...ts-of-looting/

Assuming above story is factually correct, this is one of the few times I approve of post
term abortion

ROTFLSHIAPMP! Megadittoes.

This is also a good example why estate tax is a good idea. Just
because his son was made from his sperm, does not automatically make
him most qualified to run the business or "worthy" of being able to
command as much as his dad did.

Nope. An Estate Tax (or to call it more properly a Death Tax) is
why we get Paris Hilton. She knows she's not going to inherit it, her
Daddy knows she's not going to inherit, so why not spend it as much as
possible now, before it goes tot he tax man.
That Smidt's kid is an arshole does not mean that the rest of us
should pay for it. Pass an Asshole Tax, but spendthrifts are, in
their own way, "good for the economy" They provide entertainment for
the masses, and employment for many. Accountants, Lawyers, Bail
bondsmen, car salesmen, car repairmen, liquor & wine sails, doctors,
nurses, tabloid publishers, not to mention the sycophants, toadies and
hangers on that make up the entourage.

That the boy probably needs a good spanking goes without saying.
But lets leave the government out of this.

==
pyotr filipivich
"We are today in the most literal sense a lawless society, for our law
has ceased to be law and become instead its opposite -- mere force at the
disposal of whoever is at the controls." Charles A. Reich, _Peters Quotations_, (c) 1977.

Do you know why a death tax was introduced in the US?. IIRC it was
introduced in the UK to fund wars, and is in UK history at least
relatively recent. Currently stands at 40% on all assets above the
minimum threshold.