Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
geoff geoff is offline

Default New LCD television how reliable

In message 1jC4o.4422$MT5.3386@hurricane, Norman Wells
writes
Invisible Man wrote:

Whenever someone tries to sell me a warranty or insurance I say I
worked for an insurance company for 36 years and don't believe in it.
Car insurance, house and contents insurance and travel insurance I do
have.

Have you ever claimed on your house insurance, I wonder? Mine's just
come up for renewal and I can't recall ever making a claim in 35 years
except one in 1990 for a relatively small amount of damage caused by a
couple of ridge tiles being dislodged by high winds.

The house is unlikely to collapse or hit an aeroplane, so what's it for
exactly? What are the most common claims?

Your house is unlikely to fall down or suffer expensive damage

HOWEVER ...

If it was to do so, could you afford to buy a new one ?

If the starter motor in your car died, could you afford to replace it?

Most probably - so IMO, parts warranty on a car isn't worth it

As someone else said, in general, only insure what you can't afford to
replace yourself (with the exception of richer sounds extended
warranties)

--
geoff